GW Late Night
Purpose of GW Late Night
Using data from the AlcoholEdu® for College module completed by GW first-year and transfer students, the Student Life team works collaboratively to plan fun, inclusive, and engaging late night activities in order to mitigate high-risk drinking behaviors among students and to provide an alternative to drinking.
- 49% of students reported that their on-campus residence was their most common drinking location.
- 60% of students reported that "having a good time with friends" was the primary reason they chose to drink.
- Students reported Friday and Saturday as the days of the week they consumed the most alcohol.
Taking the above data into consideration, GW Late Night events are designed to meet the following criteria:
- Occur on Friday or Saturday night
- Take place between 8:00 PM and 2:00 AM
- Are free and open to every member of the GW community
- Provide a substance-free environment
Highlights from 2022-2023
"This was the best event that I have attended [to date]. I had so much fun. Thank you so much for organizing this."
"BEST GW EVENT EVER!!!!! I felt so included and confident [and] felt like I fit in, even as a POC and LGBTQ+ student."
Any questions about GW Late Night can be emailed to Health Promotion & Education at [email protected].