The Raise Up GW Co-curricular Certificate program allows students to engage each of the eight dimensions of well-being: Physical, Social, Emotional, Intellectual, Financial, Environmental, Spiritual, and Cultural.
Upon acceptance into the program, students must complete the following requirements to receive recognition:
- Attend one Introduction to Well-being Session in early October
- Attend one workshop in each of the eight dimensions of well-being, for a total of eight workshops
- Plan and implement one well-being outreach activity with Health Promotion & Education
- Attend one Mid-year Check-in Session in early December
- Attend one Closing Session in early April, which includes a culminating experience
Registration will open in Fall 2021. The program is intended to be completed over two consecutive semesters.
Through participating in this co-curricular certificate program, students will:
- Expand their knowledge of well-being
- Identify ways in which well-being plays an integral role in their success at GW
- Gain knowledge of on-campus well-being services
This is a new program, and the Fall 2020 cohort will be an asset in providing feedback on their experience to shape potential changes for future groups. Students should only participate in one co-curricular certificate program at a time.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will:
- Earn a well-being certificate
- Receive a graduation cord
- Be recognized at the Student Life Awards
- Attend a special event with Dean Petty and Senior Associate Dean Coleman
Any questions about the Raise Up GW Co-Curricular Certificate can be directed to [email protected].