Halfway to GW
Halfway to GW is a two-day virtual orientation that will set the foundation for a student’s successful academic, personal, cultural, and social transition into the GW community. Students can expect to hear from our Orientation team and a plethora of campus partners, ask any questions, prepare for their arrival to campus, and have additional opportunties to connect with other incoming students and Orientation Leaders.
Students should have signed up for a Halfway to GW session in their Orientation Registration.
The Halfway to GW sessions are:
- Session 1: July 11 & 12, 9AM-5PM EDT
- Session 2: July 14 & 15, 9AM-5PM EDT
- Session 3: July 18 & 19, 9AM-5PM EDT
- Session 4: July 21 & 22, 9AM-5PM EDT
- International Student Session: July 25 & 26, 9PM-3AM EDT
- Transfer Students: July 27, 9AM-5PM EDT
There will be breaks built into the schedule, but students should expect to be present and ready to engage in the program for the duration of the program.
Information about Halfway to GW sessions, including session links and any other relevant information, will be sent to the student's GW email address in July.
Learn more about each component of GW's Orientation Program:
- New Student Orientation
- Fall Orientation
- New Student Timeline & Checklist
- Resources for New Students
- Parents, Families, and Supporters
- About Our Office
- Co-Curricular Programs
- District Connections