The Co-Curricular Certificate in Leadership Exploration provides an opportunity for GW students to take an intentional approach to their leadership journey by exploring and developing their individual leadership style, knowledge, and skills. The program is open to all GW students who are interested in:
- Getting a deeper understanding of the evolution of leadership
- Exploring their own personal leadership style and values
- Building their leadership skills and strengthening their resume
Each semester, we will welcome a new group of students into the Leadership Exploration cohort. This program is a co-curricular experience meaning it is not tied to academic courses or credit and is meant to enhance your GW experience outside the classroom. Throughout the year, participants will complete workshops, discussions and reflections both as a cohort group and individually. This program is offered at no cost to participants.
- Participate in an Introduction and Leadership Foundations Workshop (fall)
- October 12 | 6-7:30 pm EDT or October 15 | 2-3:30 pm EDT
- Attend a Leadership Styles Workshop and Activity (fall)
- November 12 | 6-7 pm Eastern
- Attend a “Know Your Talents and Find Success with CliftonStrengths®” workshop offered by the Center for Career Services (fall)
- Complete CliftonStrengths Next Steps for Leaders activity (spring)
- Attend at least four Excellence in Leadership Sessions (ELS) from an approved list of options (fall and/or spring)
- Engage in the Leadership Video Discussion Board (spring)
- Submit a final reflection and presentation (spring)
Registration will open on September 21, 2020 and close on October 4, 2020. Space is limited to 30 students per semester on a first come, first served basis. The program is intended to be completed over two consecutive semesters.
Through participating in this co-curricular certificate program, students will:
- Understand the foundations of leadership development;
- Explore and develop their individual strengths as leaders;
- Increase leadership knowledge, skills, and abilities;
- Reflect on their personal journey while setting goals for the future
This is a new program and the fall 2020 cohort will be an asset in providing feedback on their experience to shape potential changes for future groups. Students should only participate in one co-curricular certificate program at a time.