Comprised of the Marvin Center, District House and Outdoor Spaces, the Student Activities Center offers a variety of spaces for students to hold events. From student organization chapter meetings to guest lectures, performances, late night parties and everything in between, we are here to help you find the perfect space for your event. You can also find dining options and an array of spaces to hang out and meet up with your classmates and friends.
For assistance, contact the Student Activities Center team.
All GWorld cards for students, faculty and staff, except for those who have been granted special permission to be on campus this spring, were turned off at 5 p.m. on August 28. Only those with authorized access to campus will be able to utilize Student Activities Center spaces during the Spring 2021 semester. Social distancing guidelines will be in place.
For more information please visit coronavirus.gwu.edu.
All occupancy guidelines for each space must be followed.
Failure to adhere to the occupancy within a space will result in a requirement to vacate the space.
All room setups are as-is. No additional furniture can be moved in or out of the space.
All occupants within the space must follow all university and SAC policies, including but not limited to:
- Only GW students, faculty and staff who have authorization to access to campus will be able to utilize the Activities Center spaces.
- Indoor group exercise classes, acting, singing, dance, and music instrument practice (with the exception of woodwind/brass instruments) are permitted with masks properly worn and 10 feet of space between participants (increase distance further for more rigorous dancing or exercise). These gatherings can not exceed 60 minutes in length. For all other activities, maintaining proper social distancing of 6 feet or more is required.
- Outdoor gatherings are limited to a maximum of 10 attendees, with masks properly worn and at least 6 feet of space between participants.
- Wearing a face mask or covering at all times
- Sanitizing the contact surfaces in the room before and after use
- The student event point of contact must maintain an attendance list. Student organizations can use Engage to track attendance.
- No food or beverages can be served in Activities Center spaces.
Please reference the Student Organization COVID-19 Policies document for a full list of policies.
Please consult the university's COVID-19 website for a comprehensive listing of expectations and policies.
Technology available within each space is listed under the image of the space on the website.
If you need assistance with audio or visual needs in a space, please call (202) 994-3605.
Want to help save the planet and still have a great event? Please check out the Green Events Guide for a sustainable way to throw an event and checklist for using green options.
All GW Department meetings and events are encouraged to be virtual. In-person activities are on a requested basis only. Requests should be submitted through a Department Request Form. All requests will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the space reservation process has been updated. This new process is dynamic and reflects the current situation. As COVID-19 and local or national conditions change, the reservation process and guidelines may evolve as well.
For general inquiries or additional information, please email [email protected]
For specific questions about the Student Activities Center please contact [email protected]